Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Meet the Newest Private Practice Gerontologist in Town!




Thrive Geriatric Care Management was founded in 2015 with an anticipated official launch date of March 2016.



I would like to start the New Year by providing some greatly informative and helpful blog posts as well as video blogs.  For our introductory post, I thought it would be fun to introduce our community to the Gerontologist and founder Stephanie Sauer. I've decided to answer some icebreaker questions to introduce myself.

                                        
What is your favorite food?

Mexican is definitely my very favorite food: cheese enchiladas to be exact! YUM! And in Santa Clarita I love Darios the best!


Describe your best friend.

My best friend is Karines. We met in Graduate school at the University of La Verne. We bonded through the trials of Graduate school. Since then we have done tons of road trips (which are my absolute favorite way to get away) and we also hike once a week! We have a crazy good time together.  Not only are we able to have an incredibly fun and silly time driving up our beautiful Californian coast but we are also able to support one another and be there during the harder times as well. 



What is something you would like to accomplish before you die?

I have always enjoyed writing. I even enjoyed writing both my undergraduate and graduate theses! I just love it! I find so much comfort and understanding in writing things out. One goal I have is to have a book of mine published and that is in process! I have written a book about my experience with endometriosis in order to help raise awareness about a disease that desperately needs infinitely more knowledge and awareness available. I have submitted my manuscript to my publisher and am anxiously checking the mailbox everyday waiting for my book to arrive. 
Another goal I have always wanted to start my own geriatric counseling and consulting private practice business. And I am working on getting ready to launch that business! Seems that right now a lot of my ambitions are coming to fruition. I guess it is time to search within and realize my newest goals and objectives.


Give three words to describe how you are feeling right now?

tired, excited, creative


What is the best advice you have been given?

The very best advice I've heard came from my favorite high school history teacher, Ms Arrowsmith. She told me, to always trust my gut. I repeat this to myself frequently and am so grateful to have learned this at a relatively young age.  She was one of my favorite teachers and I will forever remember this advice.


Talk about the neatest birthday gift you've ever received.

By far the most amazing gift I've been given is my baby Tink the Bengal kitty!  The woman who used to do my grandma's hair found a little pregnant kitty hiding under her car, in the rain of course and she took her home. Little did she know she was going to birth seven enormous, gorgeous babies.  My best friend and I were able to come and choose one to have as our babies.  I will always remember Tink as a little baby, well that was almost twelve years ago. He is an absolutely beautiful, magical kitty.  He is such a special cat and completes my life.  I cannot imagine not having him.  Unfortunately he is experiencing some severe arthritis pain so he has to have a few medications everyday


What is one of your hobbies?

One of the things that makes me most happy is ROADTRIPS! I love them. I love enjoying our beautiful California coastline in particular!  I love every part of them!  


Well, that is a brief introduction to me, Stephanie. Some of the more official information about me is that I studied psychology in Undergraduate work at Chapman University through the University Center on the College of the Canyons campus. I completed my Graduate work in Gerontology at University of La Verne. I have over 10 years experience working with seniors and their families in various environments, such as assisted living, independent apartments, medical groups, and in their own homes. Further I have developed and facilitated my own groups and massive amounts of material to provide not only emotional support but pertinent and useful information to family caregivers and seniors themselves. My most popular talk/group is definitely Laughter Wellness. I have presented that numerous times and look forward to doing that again in the future.

I love working with seniors and their families. I have definitely found my life's passion! Looking froward to getting back to it and couldn't be more excited to be doing it now in my own practice! 

Please check back here and enjoy the posts that will be here and check out my website at www.thrive.org  











No comments:

Post a Comment