Friday, February 5, 2016

***INTRODUCTION TO AN IMPORTANT PRODUCT TO HELP OUR OLDER ADULTS THRIVE***














I interviewed Lesli Jenkins Wang who is the inventor of this incredible product. The second we connected on social media I knew I needed to share her incredible invention. As an advocate and facilitator of caregiver support groups, i am so glad I have discovered this incredible product and made a great friend in Lesli.




How did you come up with your idea? 






 I was searching for a product that allowed my Mom to safely use a toilet away from home. My Mom has a disease causing muscle deterioration, so she uses a commode over her fixed toilet at home. The height and frame of the commode reduce strain on her limbs, as well as prevent falls. Unfortunately, commodes, raised toilet seats and toilet safety frames are designed for in-home or institutional use. Simply put, if someone requires toilet safety product inside the home, they would clearly need it outside the home. 



 What gave you your passion to solve the issues that your invention helps with? 



  Initially, I just wanted to find a product that helped my Mom retain her independence and dignity. The more I searched for products, the more I understood how large the aging and mobility impaired market is - globally. But most importantly, I could not understand why this demographic was not able to perform the most basic activity of life - using the toilet - safely, confidently and discreetly in any restroom - at home, in the homes of others, in public restrooms, and when traveling. There is a misconception that ADA-compliant toilets address the concerns of all individuals with reduced mobility, however, this is not true. ADA-compliant toilets are designed for someone transferring from a wheelchair; not using a walking aid. I saw an obvious gap in the HME/DME industry that needed to be addressed. 

What is your favorite part of the work you do? 



 For me, hearing from others that their parent, grandparent, patient, etc., can truly regain their confidence and dignity with the Free2Go Rollator. I have heard numerous times that this product could have had such a positive impact on the life a now-deceased family member. The relative had become reclusive due to embarrassment and fear associated with using a toilet that was too low or did not offer support with sitting, lifting and fall prevention. That is very sad and so unnecessary. 

Did you have any funny mishaps or issues you had to deal with that may have been unexpected? 

Never in my wildest dreams did I see myself developing toilet safety products - and with such passion! So, I think we'll call that the "funny mishap"! My background was commercial property management, and I love real estate. This journey has been very exciting and very scary. Today, I cannot be more thrilled about the opportunities ahead for Free2Go Mobility Products. 


Do you have any other ideas for future products or innovations? 


There are five other products I hope to bring to market. At Free2Go Mobility Products, we are committed to offering products that are truly "free-to-go" - safe, supportive, portable, discreet and - most importantly - promote independence. 



 Do you have a favorite quote or poem from which you seek inspiration? 

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." 
- Howard Thurman

Contact Information: Lesli Jenkins Wang 
Free2Go Mobility Products, Inc. 
3964 Rivermark Plaza, Suite 137 
Santa Clara, CA 95054 
P: 408.786.7762 / 844.324.8228 
E: lesli@free2gomobility.com 
W: www.free2gomobility.com


Please check in for our next blog post which will provide tips on identifying and then modifying negative thoughts, this blog will be posted 
tomorrow, February 6th
Please check us out at 
Connect with us on social media:
 on Facebook at
on Twitter at
 Instagram at

thrive_gcm

This blog series is designed to help you 
and your loved ones 


Knowledge is Power!

No comments:

Post a Comment